dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: action for module leads (upgrade)

From: Bobby Bissett <bobby.bissett_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:58:07 -0500

On Nov 12, 2010, at 2:20 PM, Hong Zhang wrote:
>> Were there any issues *during* the upgrade? I've seen various reports of failure at almost all points of the upgrade, and it looks like the problem changes based on the day you tried it.
>>
> This is part of the "Step 6: Recreate instances" in your wiki page:
> http://wikis.sun.com/display/GlassFish/V3.1ClusterUpgradeExample

I saw that. I'm asking if there were any issues during the upgrade before getting to this step. There should have been some SEVERE or WARNING messages in the log, and they might explain why this is happening. If there was some big problem during the upgrade itself, then continuing on to try to use the server won't work.

Or, worse, it will work for a while and then fail unexpectedly later.

Thanks,
Bobby