dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Profiling GlassFish 3.1

From: Sanjeeb Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:50:48 +0530

On Thursday 14 October 2010 04:42 AM, Dhiru Pandey wrote:
> I tried JProfiler Version 6.0.6 and it works once you change the
> following in file
> <install-root>/glassfishv3/glassfish/osgi/felix/conf/config.properties.nojaxb
> - Thanks Richard !
>
> org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation=${eclipselink.bootdelegation}, \
> *com.jprofiler.agent, com.jprofiler.agent.*, \*
Yep. This is actually discussed in this forum already.
> com.sun.btrace, com.sun.btrace.*, \
> org.netbeans.lib.profiler,
> org.netbeans.lib.profiler.*, org.glassfish.glassfishapi
>
> I thought the change was needed in
> <install-root>/glassfishv3/glassfish/osgi/felix/conf/config.properties
> but JProfiler does not work if the same change is made in this file.
>
> I am curious why config.properties does not work ? Shouldn't there be
> only one of these files ?
Yes, there should be only one of these files. A second file was
introduced to work around some issue in our glassfish bundles and
unfortunately config.properties.nojaxb became the configuration source
for full profile where as config.properties for web profile. Don't ask
me the rationale behind the naming. I wish the files were named just the
opposite or in some more meaningful way or the build script was changed
to ship the appropriate file with default name. Many people have wasted
time trying to update Felix configuration since then. There is already a
bug filed to merge the changes to one file only after which we will
actually get rid of two files for altogether.

Sahoo