dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish IssueTracker editing

From: Chris Kasso <chris.kasso_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 08:42:05 -0700

Anissa Lam wrote:

> On 10/6/10 7:29 AM, Tom Mueller wrote:
>> Since folks are going to be editing lots of issues over the next two
>> days, it might be helpful to know this...
>>
>> Chris has changed the settings on GlassFish IssueTracker so that a
>> comment is not necessary for many of the changes, such as:
>>
>> - setting the target milestone
>> - assigning the issue to someone else
>> - changing priority
>>
> Do you mean some changes will require comment and some changes don't
> ? Or no comment is required for any changes ?
> I think changing priority should require a comment to explain why the
> priority change.
Oddly there is not a specific configuration option in IssueTracker for
comment-on-priority-change. In order to get that behavior I would have
to turn comments required on all field changes which is not a behavior
we want. There are a few controls for controlling comments for things
like accepting an issue, resolving, reassigning but not a specific one
for priority changes.

Chris