dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: svn commit: r41383 - trunk/v3

From: Ken <ken.cavanaugh_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 14:38:05 -0700

Marina Vatkina wrote:
> Why would you need to remove ORB from ~/.m2/repository? Can there be a
> conflict with the versions?
Because when I'm testing, I deploy the ORB locally (to ~/.m2/repository
only), avoiding the time delay in
deploying to maven. When I'm ready to commit, I do a build fetching the
current version from
the maven repo at download.java.net, and then do a build, forcing the
current definition of the ORB
to be fetched from maven. I suspect the problem here may be that we did
not get the ORB correctly
deployed in version 007 (the other issue I'm working on with Jane). In
particular, the POM file for
glassfish-corba-orb does not contain the correct dependency information
in version 3.1.0-b007.
3.1.0-b006 is almost identical (except for a few cosmetic changes) to
3.1.0-b007, but it has the
correct dependencies. I'm doing a build right now of rev 41383 against
3.1.0-b006 to see if the
dependency issue is the problem.

Ken.