dev@glassfish.java.net

Submitting admin commands from inside the DAS

From: Tim Quinn <tim.quinn_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:02:03 -0500

This will probably not affect most people on the list but I want you
to be aware of the following.

Old news: Code which runs in the DAS and submits admin commands to an
instance should use ClusterOperationUtil.replicateCommand (generally
preferred in most cases).

New news: If such code must instead instantiate RemoteAdminCommand
itself it should now instantiate ServerRemoteAdminCommand rather than
RemoteAdminCommand. ServerRemoteAdminCommand extends
RemoteAdminCommand and knows how to provide the DAS SSL authentication
which the instance will insist upon if secure admin is enabled.

I have already changed the places I know about (StopInstanceCommand,
RestartInstanceCommand, and ChangeAdminPasswordCommand) that used to
instantiate RemoteAdminCommand. If you know of other places please
change them. If you write new code that needs to submit commands to
an instance and for some reason it cannot use
ClusterOperationUtil.replicateCommand please instantiate
ServerRemoteAdminCommand.

- Tim