dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: SSH2 dependency added to logging

From: Sanjeeb Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 09:34:07 +0530

On Friday 03 September 2010 01:49 AM, Jerome Dochez wrote:
> On Sep 2, 2010, at 2:08 AM, Naman Mehta wrote:
>

>> hi jerome, sahoo,
>>
>> The collect-log-file command is apllicable to server/standalone instance/cluster. So do I need to move the same?
>>
>> Right now, LogFilterForInstance.java contains all ssh related code. And LogFilter.java and CollectLogFiles.java uses LogFilterForInstance methods ("new LogFilterForInstance().<method name>").
>>
>> And my osgi.bundle file contains following entry:
>> -exportcontents: com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.logviewer.backend, com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.diagnostics, com.sun.enterprise.server.logging
>>
>> Import-Package: \
>> org.glassfish.cluster.*;resolution:=optional, \
>> *
>>

> so does the code function properly (meaning the log file is returned) even when org.glassfish.cluster package is not resolved ?

No, it does not. I just tried it out by removing cluster-admin.jar from
modules and this is how the command behaves:

ss141213_at_Sahoo:/space/ss141213/WS/hk2/trunk$ asadmin collect-log-files
Enter the value for the outputfilepath option> /tmp/bar
remote failure: Failed to start Bundle Id [6] State [INSTALLED]
  [org.glassfish.cluster.admin(Cluster Admin):3.1.0.SNAPSHOT]

I don't understand why this command has to use ssh to get the log file
for DAS. Naman, can you explain?

More over, I see logging always depends on com.trilead.ssh2 which comes
from trilead-ssh2-repackaged.jar.

Sahoo