dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Why can't I incrementally re-build glassfish.zip?

From: Ken Cavanaugh <ken.cavanaugh_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:29:51 -0700

On Aug 27, 2010, at 12:21 PM, Bobby Bissett wrote:

> On Aug 27, 2010, at 3:15 PM, Ken wrote:
>> So if I use Yamini's scripts to set up the links, I can skip the packager mvn install step?
>> That step alone takes almost 5 minutes on my workstation, so I can see why the scripts are
>> useful.
>
> You can also manually copy the jar file to the modules dir. A quick check of my various terminal histories shows that ~80% of my commands look like this:
>
> % mvn clean install && cp target/foo.jar ~/v3ws/modules
>
> ...where ~/v3ws is a sym link to <some path>/v3/distribution/glassfish/target/glassfishv3/glassfish
>
> That 'cp' should take a lot less time than 5 minutes. :)

I do the same thing, but I also have cases (e.g. using the glassfish hudson plugin) where I need a glassfish.zip
for the install (I just sent another email about that). It seems like unzip/copy/zip might be the best approach in
this case, given the amount of time it takes to mvn install the packager.

Ken.