dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: config changes to a clustered instance?

From: Byron Nevins <byron.nevins_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 18:34:49 -0700

  Do this and you'll see EXACTLY what you should do:

1) create a cluster with 2 instances in it.
2) grep on ASADMIN_LISTENER_PORT

The port inside the <config> is set to ${ASADMIN_LISTENER_PORT}

Then the config itself gives a default value like so:

<system-property name="ASADMIN_LISTENER_PORT"
value="24848"></system-property>

And now instances override that value inside the <server> element like this:

<system-property name="ASADMIN_LISTENER_PORT"
value="24855"></system-property>