dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: asadmin fails with "HTTP connection failed with code 404, message: Not Found"

From: Ludovic Champenois <ludovic.champenois_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 17:54:08 -0700

On 8/24/10 5:41 PM, Amy Roh wrote:
> asadmin commands are failing with "HTTP connection failed with code
> 404, message: Not Found" with the latest workspace.
> Web devtests are mostly failing also [1].

Maybe
https://glassfish-svn.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=commits&msgNo=22636?

I do not understand this commit comment:
" I also got rid of ridiculously long timeouts that the JDK uses by
giving those 2 methods a maximum of 1 second to do their job."

Usually, networks calls are subject to random waits (vpn,
initialization, latency, interference, etc)...
Changing timeouts should be done very very carefully...

Ludo