dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: start-cluster on Windows Vista

From: Kumar Jayanti <Vbkumar.Jayanti_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:09:41 +0530

Joe Di Pol wrote:
> Kumar Jayanti wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using Windows Vista and i see two problems with latest V3.1
>> cluster related commands :
>>
>> 1. asadmin start-cluster c1
>> starts the cluster but the command does not exit. It waits for a long
>> time and then says Read Timeout.
>
> Were there any useful messages in the server log file?
>
> When this occurs can you start the instance using start-local-instance?

Like i said the instance is started correctly. However the command just
doesn't seem to exit since it is probably trying to wait till the server
is UP (but unable to detect the condition reliably on Vista ?). So
after a long time i see IO Error Read timeout and it exits.

But the cluster and its instances are all started.

regards,
kumar