dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: start-domain complains port is in use when it is not

From: Joe Di Pol <joe.dipol_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 17:42:48 -0700

Sathyan,

This could be because of the internal network switchover that occurred.
The internal NIS maps now have old IP addresses in them, so you need to
configure your system to use DNS first for hostname lookup. Maybe
this is the problem?

See item #5 at:

https://stbeehive.oracle.com/teamcollab/wiki/dipol_home:SCA+Network+Standardization+Tips+for+Solaris+Workstations

For info on configuring DNS on your Solaris 10 machine.

Joe