dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cluster tests are added to QL (App remain deployed after QL is over)

From: Hong Zhang <hong.hz.zhang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 23:13:54 -0400

After some investigation, it seems the command framework caches the
target information from the previous operations and inject the cached
target to the later command (instead of injecting the user specified
target). Details as follows:

I was able to find a smaller set of the steps to reproduce the problem:
1) export ENABLE_REPLICATION=true
2) asadmin start-domain
3) asadmin deploy webapps-simple.war
4) asadmin create-cluster cluster1
5) asadmin create-local-instance --cluster cluster1 --systemproperties
HTTP_LISTENER_PORT=18080:HTTP_SSL_LISTENER_PORT=18181:IIOP_SSL_LISTENER_PORT=13800:IIOP_LISTENER_PORT=13700:JMX_SYSTEM_CONNECTOR_PORT=17676:IIOP_SSL_MUTUALAUTH_PORT=13801:JMS_PROVIDER_PORT=18686:ASADMIN_LISTENER_PORT=14848
instance1
6) asadmin start-local-instance instance1
7) asadmin deploy --target cluster1 stateless-simple.ear
8) asadmin undeploy --target cluster1 stateless-simple
9) asadmin stop-local-instance instance1
10) asadmin delete-instance instance1
11) asadmin delete-cluster cluster1
12) asadmin undeploy webapps-simple

When executing command 12), the target param injected to the
PreUndeployCommand (the before supplemental command of the undeploy
command) has the value "cluster1" instead of "server".

And I noticed if I remove step 7) and 8) from the above steps, step 12)
will be executed fine. Looks to me like after deploying to the cluster
target, the target "cluster1" was cached somewhere and later injected to
the command in 12) even though the user specified target is "server".

I will let Vijay do some further investigation on this...

Thanks,

- Hong