dev@glassfish.java.net

password base64 encoding changes

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 15:11:45 -0700

I've made some changes to the way passwords are handled.
Passwords have always been base64 encoded when included
in a URL as part of an asadmin command. With these changes,
passwords are *only* base64 encoded while be set over the
wire. In particular, if you're using CommandRunner and
passing password parameters, you will no longer need to
base64 encode the passwords.

Mostly I consider the above to be a bug fix, but it enabled
the change that I really wanted, which is the ability to
have passwords injected into local asadmin commands.

(I'm ignoring the quicklook failures that happen even without
these changes.)