dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: REST interface on Chrome

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 10:17:43 +0200

On Jun 3, 2010, at 7:19 PM, Ken Paulsen wrote:

> Or perhaps we could provide an XML stylesheet (or use XSLT)? See:
>
> http://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_examples.asp

It would have to become the canonical way to support HTML.

I suspect if the admin service is to support simple HTML (v. useful
for quick browsing and test so i would recommend retaining such
support) it may be better to generate, from the model, basic HTML
referencing some CSS to make it look nice.

IIRC the admin service uses a MessageBodyWriter to currently generate
HTML (although i am not sure of the technical details as to how it
does it). This is a reasonable approach if the HTML is simple. You can
get a bit more flexible if you use a simple template language.

Paul.