dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: how to list info in the different JNDI namespaces

From: <paul.hendley_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:52:39 -0400

Hi Cheng.
thanks for feedback.

It was those private component scoped names I was most interested in
viewing. :-(

The other day, you mentioned that both the global names (eg
java:/global) and the older format of java:/comp/env should both work
for me but I questioned if that was true for my particular case as I
could not get my test to pass when using the older format name of
java:/comp/env/...
...so I wanted to list *all* JNDI names to see if private
component-scoped jndi name did exist or not.

Also, I had some apps deployed and saw the Portable JNDI names listed in
server.log but my attempts to view this using the CLI command just
wouldnt work. Made me think there was something else I was missing.
I'll try mucking around with the --context arg to see if that helps...

Finally, just to double check that I understood you correctly, it is
because java:app and java:module are component scoped, that there is no
way to view the JNDI names for them either? ...doesnt this make
troubleshooting JNDI names a bit tough?

thanks,
-paul