dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [arch] add a new asadmin redeploy option or reuse existing one for the new EJB feature?

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:32:31 -0700

Hong Zhang wrote on 06/28/10 07:42 AM:
> Hi,
> I want to follow up on this thread to make sure everyone is on the same
> page before starting to implement this.
>
> 1. We will add keepState as a command line option with a single boolean
> value (applies to all module types).

For consistency with other command line options, it should be documented
as "--keepstate" (all lower case).

> 2. What should be the default value of this keepState option? False or
> null? Shingwai had the concern that if the default value is false, the
> container will not know if it's explicitly set to false by the user or
> it's the default value. Any thoughts on this? Any potential issue of
> having this option default value as null?

I'm a little nervous about assuming that these boolean options are
actually tri-state values - null/false/true. But, I believed we've
used this elsewhere, and it does solve the problem of allowing the
CLI to override the deployment descriptor if the option is specified
explicitly.

> 3. The support for autodeploy/JSR88. In the asarch review of the
> deployment one pager, we talked about it will be too much work to
> support every single command line option in the deployment descriptors
> so we will treat them case by case. Is this option worth the work to
> support in the deployment descriptors?

Don't know.