dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: The build is broken

From: Trilok <trilok.agarwal_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:22:20 -0700

Hi Jane
you were right the modified_mvn was indeed masking genuine errors apart
from maven re-threading bug

here is the current modified_mvn
modified_mvn() {
set +e
*mvn $**
set +x
nawk '/java.lang.NullPointerException/ {getline; print}'
/net/repine.sfbay.sun.com/export2/hudson/jobs/${JOB_NAME}/builds/${BUILD_NUMBER}/log
| grep
'org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.lookup.DefaultConverterLookup.findConverterForType(DefaultConverterLookup.java:115)'
> /dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
echo "found a mvn rethreading bug instance, and re-spining the build"
mvn $*
fi
set -x
set -e
}

and here is the modified_mvn
modified_mvn() {
set +e
*mvn $*
export EXIT_CODE=$?
if [ **EXIT_CODE** -ne 0 ]
then
*set +x
nawk '/java.lang.NullPointerException/ {getline; print}'
/net/repine.sfbay.sun.com/export2/hudson/jobs/${JOB_NAME}/builds/${BUILD_NUMBER}/log
| grep
'org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.lookup.DefaultConverterLookup.findConverterForType(DefaultConverterLookup.java:115)'
> /dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
echo "found a mvn rethreading bug instance, and re-spining the build"
*set -e*
mvn $*
*else
exit $EXIT_CODE
*fi
set -x
*fi*
set -e
}

In the modified version, the rethreading error is only checked if the
mvn $* invocation fails.

Please let me know if you think of any other use case that is not caught
with this new implementation

Thx
TRILOK