dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Example of support for --target option?

From: Vijay Ramachandran <vijay.ramachandran_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:29:18 -0700

On 6/15/10 6:03 PM, Marina Vatkina wrote:
> Hong Zhang wrote:
>> Hi, Marina
>> I noticed this also when I was doing the deployment related
>> commands. Also the STANDALONE_SERVER should be STANDALONE_INSTANCE.
>>
>> So in your case the correct syntax should be:
>> @TargetType(value={CommandTarget.DAS,
>> CommandTarget.STANDALONE_INSTANCE, CommandTarget.CLUSTER_INSTANCE})
>
> Can you point me to a class that uses it?
>>
>> (Did you really mean CLUSTER_INSTANCE or CLUSTER?)
>
> All the names are still not very clear to me...

DAS -> default "server" instance
STANDALONE_SERVER -> an instance that is not part of a cluster (I will
change the name to STANDALONE_INSTANCE as per Hong's suggestion to make
it uniform)
CLUSTERED_INSTANCE -> an instance that is part of a cluster
CLUSTER -> a logical entity that is consists of one more instances

> but rollback-transaction is allowed only on an instance (not on the
> DAS in a cluster). How would you call it?

Looking at the doc for rollback-transaction
<http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/821-0179/rollback-transaction-1?l=en&a=view>,
the command supports "server" and an instance only. So yours code should
look like :

@TargetType(value={CommandTarget.DAS, CommandTarget.STANDALONE_SERVER,
CommandTargt.CLUSTERED_INSTANCE})