dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: where do I put _at_Contract interfaces?

From: Bobby Bissett <bobby.bissett_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:27:32 -0400

On Jun 10, 2010, at 4:03 PM, Marina Vatkina wrote:
> May be you can move the code that needs gms interface out of kernel?
> It's best to keep both, api and spi that your module exposes close
> to your module (see e.g. transaction submodules, though I wasn't
> able to move everything there).

There's nothing in that class that relies on anything in the gms jars.
The interface I'm talking about is simply:

@Contract
public interface GMSService {}

So it's not the group management service, but the group management
service service. IOW, it's the part of GF that starts GMS. The class I
have in kernal is GmsLoaderService, and it's responsible for checking
the config to see if there is >0 clusters with gms-enabled set, and,
if so, load the actual GMS. So these classes are more related to GF
than GMS. That sound right?

Attached is the loader service that I thought should go in core/kernal.

Cheers,
Bobby