dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [arch] add a new asadmin redeploy option or reuse existing one for the new EJB feature?

From: Vince Kraemer <vince.kraemer_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 13:49:14 -0700

Mahesh Kannan wrote:
> The problem with keepState=web,ejb is:
> 1. Why would a user want to retain just web state and not ejb state
> (or vice versa) in his application?

I do not know why someone would want to do that... but as soon as we
make it impossible, someone will request it and have a simple and clear
reason for their request.

> 2. If ejb container is NOT ha enabled, what will be the effect of
> specifying --keepState=web,ejb ?

That is a tough question... but I am not sure that I follow you... Are
you saying that 3.1 will ship with an ejb container that doesn't support
HA?