dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Strange problem with admin-cli.jar

From: Yamini K B <Yamini.Kb_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 16:28:10 +0530
Hi Jane,

If I make local changes to pom files, I would need to be careful every time I do a checkin. I have a script to copy the jar to modules directory, I would prefer to use that instead.

Thanks,
-Yamini
I don't think maven-reactor-plugin will help here then.  I didn't know Class-Path in manifest entry gets resolved to actual file directory so symlink will not work in this case.  Here's another option you can try:

In the admin/cli/pom.xml, add the following in the <build>...</build> element:

        <directory>${gf-install}/glassfishv3/glassfish/modules</directory>
        <outputDirectory>${project.basedir}/target/classes</outputDirectory>

and execute the maven in admin/cli as:
 mvn  -Dgf-install=<GlassFish installation> -DskipTests=true  install

You'll see the updated admin-cli.jar in the glassfish/modules directory.  However, the admin-cli-sources.jar will also be there.

Let me know if this works for you.

Jane