dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: DTD name changes and the DOCTYPE

From: Hong Zhang <hong.hz.zhang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 12:57:40 -0400

Hi, Vince
    The current plan is to convert all the v3 EE 6 set of the sun dtds
to glassfish dtds (just change the "sun-" to "glassfish-" and keep the
same version). Then add any new versions if needed for this release.
    Use the ejb area as an example, the v3 EE 6 sun dtd is
sun-ejb-jar_3_1-0.dtd, so we convert it to glassfish-ejb-jar_3_1-0.dtd.
Now there is a new element needed to be added in 3.1 for the dtd, so we
created the glassfish-ejb-jar_3_1-1.dtd for it.
    As we cannot have same DOCTYPE for different dtds, we used
"Application Server 3.0" for the converted ones, and "Application Server
3.1" for the newly added ones.
    I am open to suggestions for this. One alternative is:
   We just have one set of the glassfish dtds in 3.1. If any new change
is needed in the dtd, we just make it on top of the converted contents.
And "GlassFish Application Server 3.1" will used in the DOCTYPE.
   The question I have for this alternative is what should the dtd
version be? Should we increment the version, for example, from
sun-web-app_3_0-0.dtd to glassfish-web-app_3_0-1.dtd even there is no
content change? Or should we keep the same version for the ones which do
not have change in the contents: sun-web-app_3_0-0.dtd ->
glassfish-web-app_3_0-0.dtd, and increment the version for the ones
which have change in the contents: sun-ejb-jar_3_1-0.dtd ->
glassfish-ejb-jar_3_1-1.dtd?

    Thanks,

- Hong