dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: effects of undeploying a versioned app...

From: Hong Zhang <hong.hz.zhang_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 13:25:21 -0400

Hi, Vince
   This is actually by design: :-)
 http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=VersioningDesignDocument#section-VersioningDesignDocument-5.5VersionSUndeployment

   "If a user undeploys the currently enabled version, then GlassFish
will not enable automatically another version."

   It's possible that we do this when there are two versions, but what
about there are more than two versions. And we don't always know users'
intention. I think we should just keep it simple here.

   Thanks,

- Hong