dev@glassfish.java.net

effects of undeploying a versioned app...

From: Vince Kraemer <vince.kraemer_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 10:07:15 -0700

I was playing with versioned web apps for a minute or two today. It
looks like it is pretty solid.

But I did run into something that I think is a bug.

I deployed two versions of a web app. that worked beautifully.

Then, I undeployed the version that was enabled (the second one that I
deployed).

I expected the older version to become enabled.

It did not become enabled automatically.

I can see that there are situations where doing automatic enable on
undeploy would not be possible (without telepathy)... but in situations
where there are just two versions of the web app, it would be a
usability win to do the enable automatically.

People like to be lazy.

vbk