dev@glassfish.java.net

Command replication framework for CLIs

From: Vijay Ramachandran <vijay.ramachandran_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:39:06 -0700

FYI : A preliminary implementation of the command replication framework
is now ready for use by the owners of various Glassfish CLIs. As part of
the MS1 demo (scheduled for tomorrow), we will demonstrate some CLIs
that get replicated and how all (applicable) instances get reconfigured
dynamically .

If you own a CLI and would like to ensure that your CLI's behavior is as
expected in a clustered environment, you can start by referring to this
wiki page
<http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=CLIDeveloperGuide> where I
have started putting together some information. This wiki page is a live
doc and I plan to add more information / sample code. Please contact me
directly with questions / suggestions etc etc.

Please note that the command replication framework is not enabled by
default. This will remain so till all CLI owners get a chance to verify
their CLIs in a clustered environment. To test your CLI in a clustered
environment, you will have to set the environment variable
ENABLE_REPLICATION to true. For more information on this and how to
create a cluster, instance etc, you may find the info in the basic
cluster demo wiki page
<http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=3.1MS1ClusteringDemo> useful.

Vijay