dev@glassfish.java.net

build speedup

From: Jerome Dochez <jerome.dochez_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 21:42:58 -0700

Apart from the faces api issue I just described, I identified two more issues slowing the build

1. embedded test stuck for 2/3 minutes. I described the issue to Oleksey this morning during the tech meeting so resolution is pending.
2. service engine is referencing a jbi api jar that has been published to the maven repository without a pom file, causing the build the try to download that inexistent pom file each time. We are looking into removing the service engine module from the main V3 build

Once these 2 points are resolved (+ the faces api), the build will be about 40% faster...

jerome