dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Problems in using mvn gf:run

From: Jane Young <jane.young_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 06:40:53 -0700

Hi,

The GlassFish launcher code has been updated to call a different class
(com.sun.enterprise.glassfish.bootstrap.ASMain) to start domain and the
maven glassfishbuild plugin "run" goal has not been updated to reflect
this change. Therefore, you are seeing this exception: "Cannot find
glassfish main module org.glassfish.core:glassfish". This needs to be
fixed.

You can start the GlassFish domain by extracting the distribution zip
file and run "asadmin start-domain". See:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3FullBuildInstructions#section-V3FullBuildInstructions-RunningV3

HTH,
Jane