dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [REVIEW] for 3.0.1

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <snjezana.sevozenzerovic_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:12:22 -0700

Certainly...

The version string in that file is eventually used as the version string
for IPS packages which contain grizzly content and this is what you see
if you query the content of the official GlassFish distribution in
updatetool or Update section of Admin GUI. Same goes for update packages
available in update center.

Reason we cannot simply reuse Grizzly version from the top level pom is
that IPS is stricter than maven when it comes to version string format,
so for the time being you need to translate grizzly version to the one
IPS can handle. Note that even if you don't rev up the version, actual
package produced by promoted build will still contain your updated
content and be handled as and update due to newer timestamp, but it is
generally good idea to rev up the version number for each new drop -
that way you know for certain which grizzly build provided content for
the particular version of grizzly related packages.

HTH...