dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Non-existent jars in manifest Class-Path

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 04:12:46 -0800

Kin-man,

Thanks for pointing this out.

I went through your list and here's what the module owners will need to
do to update the pom:

*acc-confg, appclient.security:*
- if dtd.zip doesn't exist but only for compile time, please change the
scope in the pom file to "provided". See:
http://maven.apache.org/pom.html#POM_Relationships

*admin-cli*:
- remove backup.jar from Class-Path entry in admin/cli/pom.xml

*amx-ext-impl, amx-j2ee-impl, appclient.security. connectors-admin,
deployment-javaee-full, gf-connectors-connector, gf-ejb-connector,
inmemory.jacc.provider, jms-admin, jsf-connector, jspcaching-connector* :
-add following exclusion element to the dependencies (e.g.
appclient-server-core, security) in pom.xml. If not sure, run "mvn
dependency:tree".

<exclusions>

<exclusion>

<groupId>org.glassfish</groupId>

<artifactId>javax.annotation</artifactId>

</exclusion>

            </exclusions>

*cli-framework:*
- remove cli-framework-l10n from Class-Path entry in
admin/cli-framework/pom.xml

*cmp-ejb-mapping, cmp-enhancer, cmp-internal-api,
connectors-inbound-runtime, web-ajp, web-embed-api, web-embed-impl :*
- add exclusion element for javax.annotation and activation.jar in the
pom.
*
gf-client-module, gf-client, gf-web-connector, jspcaching-connector,
soap-tcp, *
- add exclusion for javax.servlet, javax.servlet.jsp:jsp-api,
javax.el:el-api, javax.servlet.jsp.jstl:jstl-api,
*
upgrade-tool:*
- remove upgrade-tool-l10n.jar from Class-Path in pom file
*
weld-integration, webservices-api-osgi, /osgi-javaee-base,
osgi-web-container.*
- run "mvn dependency:tree" and add the exclusion element on the
artifacts that do not belong in the classpath.

*osgi-javaee-base, osgi-web-container:*
- these jar files are in glassfishv3/glassfish/modules/autostart
directory. If classpath jars are not needed, then add
<scope>provided</scope> in pom files.

Jane