dev@glassfish.java.net

RE: Recently updated and rebuilt trunk workspace, server won't start

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 08:29:44 +0100

Independent of the actual cause of your local problem I like to mention that it is a severel *architectural* fault if the complete server is hanging just because of one service missing a resource. Since it can always happen that a component has a failure, the server should be prepared for this situation and post a clear message ("Cannot start service X since it is dependend of service Y which caused an exception."). But just doing nothing is not good.