dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: 3rd party source build with dependencies

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 09:43:59 -0500

On Nov 23, 2009, at 4:43 PM, Jane Young wrote:

>> (*) It's gonna get worse before it gets better. Javahelp has a
>> dependency on jdic which requires C++ compilers, make, etc.,
>> depending on the platform. Will see if I can work around that since
>> I certainly can't test it (on Mac).
>>
> Native build - yike! If possible see if you can avoid it. If not,
> try to make it work in Solaris since that will be the system running
> the source build.

Nope, no way to avoid it. I don't know any way to handle this except
to commit my changes and then debug the continuous build server as
errors pop up. Is that ok with you? The requirements are here:

https://jdic.dev.java.net/documentation/README.html#Build%20the%20Source

Let me know when you've had a chance to look to see if that's doable.
Even if it all builds correctly, the javahelp build won't work because
I don't know what the jdic output is in order to use it to build
javahelp. So my initial commit will have a few things commented out
and I'll have to look at what's produced in the hudson server.

Thanks,
Bobby