dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: felix noise in server log

From: Richard S. Hall <heavy_at_ungoverned.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:14:20 -0500

On 11/10/09 15:39, Carla Mott wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I looked at the config file we use for glassfish and we set the
> following property:
>
> # log level 1: error, 2: warning, 3: info, 4: debug
> felix.log.level=1
>
> I think the intention is to set the log level to error only. Is this
> property correct? But from this thread it seems that even if that is
> correct will not affect the messages logged from file install. Is
> that right?

It is correct to control the amount of messages coming from the
framework itself.

> We are seeing info level messages in this case and not sure why.

The INFO messages you are seeing are from File Install, not from the
framework. The two are unrelated.

The Felix framework provides the above property to control its logging.

Felix File Install is a different subproject which appears to not
provide a way to control its logging except via the OSGi Log Service, if
one is installed.

-> richard