dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: 3rd party source build with dependencies

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:54:39 -0500

>> I have one more question, part of the never-ending saga of javahelp
>> (*). I'd like to use a custom pom.xml file to build the javahelp
>> sources since the existing build.xml downloads some zips for
>> classes that we can get through maven. Do you have a preference
>> about where I check in that file? Since I'm adding a javahelp.xml
>> file to the source-build dir, I could add the pom as javahelp-
>> pom.xml at the same level (it will be copied to somewhere under
>> 'external' at build time).
>>
> Yes, you can commit javahelp-pom.xml. Is javahelp.xml going to
> reference this file?

Yes, javahelp.xml will download the source code, create a separate src/
main/java directory, and copy the source files and javahelp-pom.xml to
the correct places and build that way. At least, that's the plan. Am
still sorting through some of the internal dependencies within javahelp.

>> Thanks,
>> Bobby
>>
>> (*) It's gonna get worse before it gets better. Javahelp has a
>> dependency on jdic which requires C++ compilers, make, etc.,
>> depending on the platform. Will see if I can work around that since
>> I certainly can't test it (on Mac).
>>
> Native build - yike! If possible see if you can avoid it. If not,
> try to make it work in Solaris since that will be the system running
> the source build.

Ok, will do.

Cheers,
Bobby