dev@glassfish.java.net

[v3] DAS is up but asdmin stop-domain reports it's not

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 10:47:53 -0500

I have seen this a few times but I'm not sure how I trigger this state.

I start the server and run some tests. Sometimes the tests themselves
start and (try to) stop the server.

Afterwards the server is up and responds to asadmin uptime, for example,
but asadmin stop-domain reports that the server is down.

Has anyone else seen similar things? Has this already been reported and
I just missed it? This is with a very recent workspace but I've seen it
for a while (maybe a week at least) now.

This is on Mac OS X (Leopard).

- Tim

$ asadmin uptime
Uptime: 2 hours, 51 minutes, 4 seconds, Total milliseconds: 10264331

Command uptime executed successfully.
$ asadmin stop-domain
CLI306 Warning - server is not running.
Command stop-domain executed successfully.