dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Please review orb-connector/pom.xml (and osgi.bundle) changes

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 22:54:11 -0700

On Oct 20, 2009, at 9:59 PM, Sahoo wrote:

> Ken Cavanaugh wrote:
>>>
>> I have no idea what a connector bundle is supposed to do. Is there
>> a written description
>> of architectural principles for modularity in GFv3 that would
>> describe the convention here?
>>
> You can take a look at some docs available in glassfish wiki.

Which one? The wiki is full of pages, some out of date. Is http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=ContainerSPI
the right one?

What about the official Sun docs for prelude? For example, http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-6583/ghphp?a=view
discusses connector modules relative to deployment. Is this what you
mean?

All of this seems to be related to the various sorts of artifacts that
can be deployed to a container.
The ORB doesn't really fit that: it's just a library that EJB needs
sometimes.

Is there a more general concept of connector module that is not
intimately tied to deployment
and sniffers?

Ken.