dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: deployment failure (client time out)

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:35:09 -0500

I haven't updated yet today, but does a thread dump reveal what the
server is doing?

Does this happen reliably? I ask because there is a corner case in
which the file is in the process of being copied when the autodeployer
runs and tries to autodeploy the file. There is logic to handle this
case which will (as a side effect) report an unrecognized module type in
the server log but then in a subsequent attempt the autodeployment
should succeed - once the file copy operation has completed. But unless
you are copying a large file from a remote system it's unlikely you'd
hit this very often.

- Tim