dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Action : SEVERE, WARNING, INFO log messages (red and green)

From: Sekhar Vajjhala <Sekhar.Vajjhala_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 19:59:33 -0400

I didn't expect color to become a discussion point. Since we are
discussing..

If not red and green are most problematic, can you suggest any other
colors are less problematic ?

I was curious as to what if any guidelines W3C provided with respect to
using
color in web content. I googled and found the following link to
Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 .(
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG/ )
and in this document, the following sections:
- a section on use of color (
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG/#visual-audio-contrast )
- Use of Color: Understanding SC 1.4 (**
http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/visual-audio-contrast-without-color.html
)
- a section on use of text alternatives (
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG/#text-equiv ).

I will look at adding text alternative to the output (also as Bill
suggested).

In the meantime, hopefully the output in its current form is still usable
by 95% of developers for finding and fixing the message ids.

Thanks,
Sekhar