dev@glassfish.java.net

Config events convey raw values, not translated

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 17:45:36 -0500

If the user changes a config value (I tried using the admin console)
that contains a token (such as ${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}) then the
event delivered to the "change" method returns the untranslated old and
new values, still containing the tokens.

Maybe this has been discussed before and I've forgotten... Is there
something the "change" method can do to translate the values? It seems
that the injected configuration object has already been updated with the
translated new value. Is that expected and reliable?

Thanks.

- Tim