dev@glassfish.java.net

asadmin dependency on java.net?

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 13:09:27 -0400

Hi all,

Am investigating an issue about gf hanging during startup after an
upgrade has happened. The first time I upgraded and ran "asadmin start-
domain" it started up, paused. and then finished starting. Later,
around the time that java.net became unresponsive, I reran the test
and asadmin hung while the server was still usable. Asadmin just kept
saying it was waiting for the DAS to start, but I could get to http://localhost:8080
  in a browser.

Since I lost my issue update when java.net became unresponsive, I'm
just asking in email. Is there a link between these two? I did see
something in the log along the lines of "number of updates available:
0" before everything stopped.

Thanks,
Bobby