dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Instability of QuickLook tests

From: Lloyd Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:04:26 -0700

My comments on these failures below, inline.

—Lloyd

On Oct 4, 2009, at 6:19 PM, Ming Zhang wrote:

> Sreenivas Munnangi wrote:
>>
>> Ming Zhang wrote:
>>> Jane,
>>>
>>> I have checked in one more test to delete http-listener
>>> "ls123452". Now admin tests can be run repeatedly without errors
>>> and the domain.xml gets cleaned up after each admin test run.
>>>
>>> Lloyd,
>>> the AMX tests still failed in the 2nd QL run
>> How many tests failed, if possible could you copy and paste the
>> failures from ql output.
>>> (iterateAllSanityCheck, testAMXComplianceMonitorFailureCount)
>>> after my change for admin tests. Is this due to the configuration
>>> changes in domain.xml after admin GUI loaded? Is it reasonable to
>>> expect AMX tests will accommodate the configurations of admin GUI
>>> in domain.xml?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ming
> The runtestng.output is attached:
>
> [echo] =============Starting TestNG functional tests from
> testng.xml ============
> [testng] [Parser] Running:
> [testng] /export/home/ming/v3/quicklook/testng.xml
> [testng]
> [testng] PASSED: createJDBCPool
> [testng] PASSED: pingJDBCPool
> [testng] PASSED: deleteJDBCPool
> [testng]
> [testng] ===============================================
> [testng] admincli_tests
> [testng] Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Skips: 0
> [testng] ===============================================
> [testng]
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for ThreadPool
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for JdbcConnectionPool
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for Orb
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for ConnectorService
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for Security
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for JmsService
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for WebServicesContainer
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for Jvm
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for Jpa
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for Jersey
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for ConnectorConnectionPool
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for EjbContainer
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for WebContainer
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for TransactionService
> [testng] Monitoring at HIGH for HttpService
> [testng]
> [testng] PROBLEMS:
> [testng] Error invoking getParent() on amx:pp=/mon/server-mon
> [server],type=jdbc-connection-pool-mon,name=resources/__TimerPool =

This root cause is needed here, but if getParent() is failing because
there is no parent, then this is a critical bug in this MBean,
supplied by the monitoring infrastructure.

> [testng] CHANGE COUNT: 10
> [testng] PASSED: bootAMX
> [testng] Core AMX tests
> [testng] PASSED: testAmxPref
> [testng] PASSED: connectorConnectionPoolTest
> [testng] PASSED: createChildTest
> [testng] PASSED: testConfigTools
> [testng] PASSED: createProfilerTest
> [testng] PASSED: testAMXConfigAttributeResolver
> [testng] PASSED: testAMXConfigDefaultValues
> [testng] PASSED: testForBogusConfigAnnotations
> [testng] PASSED: testCreateProperties
> [testng] PASSED: testCreateResource
> [testng] PASSED: testCreateProperty
> [testng] PASSED: testConnectorRuntimeAPIProvider
> [testng] PASSED: testMonitoringRoot
> [testng] PASSED: testDomainConfig
> [testng] PASSED: testBulkAccess
> [testng] PASSED: testExt
> [testng] PASSED: testPropertyParent
> [testng] PASSED: testTools
> [testng] PASSED: testPathnames
> [testng] PASSED: testSystemStatus
> [testng] PASSED: testApplications
> [testng] PASSED: testResources
> [testng] PASSED: testChildGetterVariants
> [testng] PASSED: testAllGenerically
> [testng] PASSED: testRuntimeRoot
> [testng] PASSED: testQuery
> [testng] PASSED: testJ2EEDomain
> [testng] PASSED: testSingletonOrNot
> [testng] PASSED: testDomainRoot
> [testng] PASSED: testSystemApplications
> [testng] PASSED: testSystemInfo
> [testng] PASSED: testSystemPropertyParent
> [testng] PASSED: testConfigs
> [testng] PASSED: testServerRuntime
> [testng] PASSED: testLogging
> [testng] PASSED: testServers
> [testng] PASSED: testAutoConvert
> [testng] PASSED: testForBogusAnnotations
> [testng] FAILED: iterateAllSanityCheck

This should be suppressed as of my Friday checkin. When was this run?

> [...]
> [testng] at
> com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getMBeanInfo
> (DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:1372)
> [testng] at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.getMBeanInfo
> (JmxMBeanServer.java:880)
> [testng] at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation
> (RMIConnectionImpl.java:1420)
> [testng] at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access
> $200(RMIConnectionImpl.java:72)
> [testng] at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl
> $PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1264)
> [testng] at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation
> (RMIConnectionImpl.java:1359)
> [testng] at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.getMBeanInfo
> (RMIConnectionImpl.java:864)
> [testng] at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch
> (UnicastServerRef.java:305)
> [testng] at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:159)
> [testng] at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
> Method)
> [testng] at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall
> (Transport.java:155)
> [testng] at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages
> (TCPTransport.java:535)
> [testng] at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport
> $ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
> [testng] at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport
> $ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
> [testng] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask
> (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
> [testng] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run
> (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
> [testng] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> [testng] at
> sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer
> (StreamRemoteCall.java:255)
> [testng] at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall
> (StreamRemoteCall.java:233)
> [testng] at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:142)
> [testng] at com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.PRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
> [testng] at
> javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_Stub.getMBeanInfo
> (Unknown Source)
> [testng] at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector
> $RemoteMBeanServerConnection.getMBeanInfo(RMIConnector.java:1037)
> [testng] at
> org.glassfish.admin.amx.core.proxy.ProxyFactory.getMBeanInfo
> (ProxyFactory.java:437)
> [testng] ... 30 more
> [testng] ... Removed 25 stack frames
> [testng] FAILED: testAMXComplianceMonitorFailureCount
> [testng] java.lang.AssertionError: Server indicates that there are
> non-compliant AMX MBean validator failures, failure count = 1,
> examine the server log for failures
> [testng] at
> amxtest.AMXCoreTests.testAMXComplianceMonitorFailureCount

This indicates non-compliant MBeans. I will see if I can make the
message spell out which MBeans and what failed.