dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: pom review for adding the inject apis in the javaee apis module

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 22:19:56 +0530

Ludovic Champenois wrote:
> On 10/6/09 9:11 AM, Sahoo wrote:
>> Ludovic Champenois wrote:

>>> https://glassfish-svn.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=commits&msgNo=14776
>>>

>> I don't understand why we need to add
>> <include>javax.inject:inject-api</include>
>> in various assembly xml files. Do you know?
> If I remove it and do a
> mvn -U -Pweb-api clean install
> there is no javax.inject.* inside the
> javax.javaee/target/javax.javaee-web-api.jar jar.
> Then the stripped jar (that starts from
> javax.javaee/target/javax.javaee-web-api.jar) does not contain it either.
> Ludo
Still not clear. We have already configured the assembler to unpack
webbeans-osgi-bundle.jar . Can't we just instruct assembler to pick up
javax.inject package instead of using a dependency that's not directly
used by us? e.g.,
have you tried adding something like
<includes>javax/inject/**</includes>
under <unpackOptions>?

Sorry, I have not written these assembly descriptors, so I don't know
them very well.

Thanks,
Sahoo