dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: startup failures

From: Ed Burns <Ed.Burns_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 06:54:51 -0700

VP> I am seeing the following exceptions during startup on the latest v3
VP> trunk and the server fails to start. Anyone else notice it?

VP> Is trunk working for anyone? I am on mac os 10.5.8, JDK 1.6.0_15 (64
VP> bit). Felix fails to load osgi-web-container.jar form autostart and the
VP> server startup fails.

VP> $ asadmin list-applications
VP> Remote server does not listen for requests on [localhost:4848].
VP> Is the server up?
VP> No such local command, list-applications. To run remote commands, start
VP> the application server (e.g. asadmin start-domain).
VP> Command list-applications failed.

VP> Although coming for the same jar file (osgi-web-container.jar), I think
VP> this error is different. The error I see is due to "Unresolved
VP> constraint in bundle com.sun.enterprise.config [154]: package;
VP> (package=javax.validation)".

Hello Vivek,

I'm on the exact same software stack as you. I just built a fresh HEAD
from source and the server *does* start successfully. The asadmin
list-applications command also works. Can you please help me reproduce
your problem so we can quickly get to the bottom of it? I have pasted
my startup log to <http://pastebin.com/m11af96ba>. It started up fine
in non-debug mode as well.

Ed