dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: "Authentication failed with password" - updating .asadminpass

From: Bhakti Mehta <Bhakti.Mehta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 09:48:09 -0700

Sorry I was on vacation and have not been following this thread but
atleast now I see if I unzip the latest bundle and try to run the
devtests or cts all fail with this error

deploy:
     [exec] Deprecated syntax, instead use:
     [exec] asadmin --port 4848 --host localhost --passwordfile
/Users/bhakti/devtests/appserv-tests/config/adminpassword.txt --user
admin deploy [options] ...
     [exec] Authentication failed for user: admin
     [exec] with password from password file:
/Users/bhakti/devtests/appserv-tests/config/adminpassword.txt
     [exec] (Usually, this means invalid user name and/or password)
     [exec] Command deploy failed.
     [exec] Result: 1

This is what is there in
/Users/bhakti/devtests/appserv-tests/config/adminpassword.txt
AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=adminadmin
AS_ADMIN_ADMINPASSWORD=adminadmin
AS_ADMIN_MASTERPASSWORD=changeit

This used to work out of the box. What more needs to be done for
devtests and cts to pass?

Regards,
Bhakti