dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: message numbers/tags

From: Anissa Lam <Anissa.Lam_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:50:57 -0700

Admin console will display the diagnostic causes if one is available.
In the logviewer,  there is a 'detail' link for each message that when you click on it,  will popup a Log Entry Detail Screen.   If there is a Message ID for  this log message, then there may be Diagnostic information displayed as well.
GUI calls getDiagnosticChecks() and getDiagnosticCauses()  based on this message ID and the module name.   Whatever returned will be displayed to the user.   However, so far,  many of the Message ID is incorrect,  and i have never seen one that actually return  some diag. info :(

Anissa.

Bill Shannon wrote:
Thanks for the pointer, Carla.  It seems that no one else is doing
a very good job of keeping this information up to date either.  :-)

The CLI doesn't really have the concept of SEVERE, WARNING, etc. so
it's harder to decide which messages deserve message ids.

If the CLI were to include all the "cause" information in the message
catalog, who would display it and when?