dev@glassfish.java.net

FindBugs support

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 16:38:19 -0700

I've just committed some changes to support running FindBugs for GlassFish.
At the top level, or in any module, you can run

mvn findbugs:findbugs

to generate the FindBugs XML report, which is not very readable directly
but is used by the Hudson FindBugs plugin to generate a more readable
report. Hopefully Jane will be setting up Hudson to do that soon.

You can also run

mvn site

to generate a more readable html report that you can browse. Open the
target/site/findbugs.html file to browse the report.

I hope this will encourage everyone to run FindBugs before committing
changes, and to continue to clean up the existing FindBugs errors.

The current scheme uses an exclude file per module to exclude a very small
number of errors reported by FindBugs. Do not modify these exclude files
yourself. Instead, send mail to Jagadesh and me with the details of why
you think your FindBugs error should be excluded. Expect the answer to
be "no". :-)

Thanks.