dev@glassfish.java.net

[v3]More than one ManagedObject on the same node?

From: Marina Vatkina <Marina.Vatkina_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 17:24:24 -0700

In the ejb app monitoring, there is general data (like number of created or
destroyed beans), and type-specific data (like ready pool size for the Entity
Beans or passivate count for the SFSBs), but the node root in v2 was the same -
a combination of app/module/bean names.

If I put all ManagedAttribute's into a single stats provider, all of them would
be available for each app, but that would be wrong - e.g. passivate count should
not be part of the monitoring output for the apps that don't have SFSBs.

If I add subnodes to distinguish between the "views", it'll break backward
compatibility.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
-marina