dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Monitoring update

From: Jennifer Chou <Jennifer.Chou_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 18:48:40 +0100

With this change, to turn monitoring on/off use container-monitoring
instead of module-monitoring-levels.

asadmin set server.monitoring-service.container-monitoring.<config
element>.level=OFF or HIGH or LOW

where config element = v2 config like web-container, jvm,
jdbc-connection-pool, etc
                                    or new v3 config- security, jersey,
etc.

There is no container-monitoring element initially in domain.xml , so
you need to manually create it before using the set command (this will
be fixed soon).
      <monitoring-service>
        <container-monitoring level="HIGH" name="security" />
        <container-monitoring level="HIGH"
name="connector-connection-pool" />
        <container-monitoring level="HIGH" name="http-service" />
        <container-monitoring level="HIGH" name="jdbc-connection-pool" />
        <container-monitoring level="HIGH" name="jvm" />
        <container-monitoring level="HIGH" name="transaction-service" />
        <container-monitoring level="HIGH" name="web-container" />
        <module-monitoring-levels />
      </monitoring-service>

Jennifer