dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: SecureRandom

From: Kumar Jayanti <Vbkumar.Jayanti_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:08:08 +0530

Bill Shannon wrote:
> Kedar Mhaswade wrote on 8/27/09 11:28 AM:
>
>> Bill Shannon wrote:

>>> So who should do it?
>>>

>> I think an appropriate place for this is SecurityService that Kumar
>> owns. I also have
>> an IdmService that does some identity management related stuff. It's an
>> Init Service, and I can create the global SecureRandom there. It can
>> be the usual Contract/Service thingie. Let me know what you guys prefer.
>>

> Since I need to use it in the LocalPassword init service, it needs to
> be done before then. Is there a way to control order of init services?
> Or should it be done by the GlassFish startup code that calls the init
> services?
>
> Kumar, are you the right person to own this?

I will just need to think a little bit and i can send a proposal. Also
as i said, i would not put it inside security/core module since it can
cause circular dependency issues which we better avoid at this time. I
would like to put it in internal-api.

Should it be a static singleton or a HK2 singleton. If you have an
opinion send me your thoughts.

regards,
kumar