dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] Stricter JAR visibility requirements in EE 6 vs GlassFish v2 behavior

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 22:37:44 +0530

Jerome Dochez wrote:

> if you are not deterred with option 1 then I think we should just
> carry on like this. This is the safest option for our users, and we
> should print a Warning so next release we remote the flag and feature.
Jerome,

Did you mean option 1 or 2? Unless I am missing something, option #1 can
lead to broken applications after upgrade. Is it safer than option #2?

By 1 & 2, I mean the following (taken from your earlier email):
/1. we don't run the upgrade redeployment with the flag and applications
that were not flagged as using a deprecated or incorrect feature in
V1/V2 will fail to be upgraded correctly.
2. we run with the flag which mean that we automatically upgrade and run
the already deployed applications in an incompatible mode.
/
Thanks,
Sahoo