dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: jdk location in v3?

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 11:24:50 -0700

Yes, you do need to support asenv.conf/bat as well - zip bundles will
obviously depend on JAVA_HOME value from the environment, but installer
bundles will set AS_JAVA location in asenv.conf during installation and
user is always allowed to add this entry to asenv.conf file and expect
it to be picked up as runtime for any script.

FWIW, Kedar modified asadmin to use this approach for Preview release so
you can use JDK location handling from asadmin as template for all other
scripts.

Thanks,

Snjezana